Sunday, January 13, 2013

5th & 6th - Water-Life Watercolor

Turtle Turtle Turtle!


I am very excited to share these watercolor paintings because 1) they are mostly of turtles (which I love!) and 2) they were made from sketches that we made while on our trip to Bald Head Island (which I am still doing cartwheels about how awesome the experience was!). 



For this project, I purchases Windor & Newton watercolor sets. This is what I use to make my own artwork, so I was excited to share this with the kids. 




Among the usual watercolor techniques (washes, blending, dry brush, wet on wet...) we also experimented with liquid masking fluid. Many students chose to mask an area for clouds or an area in the sand. 


Below are some of the finished paintings. 
They are all hanging in the Peiffer hallway. Come check them out!



























No comments:

Post a Comment